A couple weeks ago the kids had a day off form school, so Rebecca and Maggie took their boys to the Kohl Children's Museum for a day of fun. When they walked in, there was an activity for the kids to do that really caught the boys' eyes: Ice Cream in a Bag! What kid wouldn't want to make that? Not having a camera handy Maggie grabbed her phone, knowing this was a project we would have to share with all of you!
What You Need:
- 2 sugar packets (or about 1 Tbsp. sugar)
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 1 sandwich size zip lock baggie
- rock salt (about 1/4 cup, but just eyeball it)
- plastic container with lid (or a gallon-size zip lock bag would work, too)
- enough ice to fill your plastic container
After about five minutes, peek inside the plastic container and see if your mixture has turned into ice cream! if not, cover and shake a bit more. Then all there is left to do is gobble it up!
As you can see, it was a hit with the boys!