Wow, it is hard to believe we are already at our 9th day of Christmas post!! We couldn't wait to share these adorable snowman cupcakes with you!
Here is the back story on these little guys.
A Few weeks ago, Rebecca took her boys to the doctor's office for their flu shots. The boys were very upset at the thought of shots. So like any desperate mom, Rebecca bribed them with a promise of a trip to a nearby bakery if they were good.
After their shots, they stopped at the bakery and picked out two snowman cupcakes. The clerk boxed then up and then rang up the order. Rebecca about fell over when the clerk told her that it would be $10 for 2 cupcakes! After seeing that all these cup cakes were was a cupcake with a donut hole stacked on top we knew we had to replicate them!
We decided that a regular sized cupcake was a bit much so we made ours with mini cupcakes.
What you need:
- a batch of your favorite mini cupcakes (white cake would look better, but we love chocolate!!)
- a box of glazed donut holes
- 2 or 3 containers of white frosting
- powdered sugar
- fruit roll ups for the scarfs
- long orange sprinkles for the carrot noses
- chocolate frosting, brown jimmies, or mini chocolate chips for the eyes
First we mixed about 1/2 a cup of powdered sugar into our frosting. This helped us make a stiffer frosting. Then we heated the frosting in the microwave for about 30 seconds. Stir, then dipped the cupcakes into the frosting.
Then we cut the donut holes in half and stuck them on top of the cupcake. If the frosting is starting to harden, use a little frosting to "glue" the donut hole on. We saved the thickened frosting for the snowman's heads.
- We let the cup cakes set for about 15-20 min. Then we took another container of frosting and warmed it in the microwave for about a minute. Stirred, and then dipped the cupcakes and donut holes in the frosting. We were amazed, there was only one donut hole lost to the frosting.
We put our stiffened frosting in a zip lock bag. We cut a large hole in the corner and piped on the snow man heads.